Monday, September 3, 2012

The Little Things in Life...

About a year ago my dear college friend Cindy, who is much more like a sister than a friend, gave me a little black wooden plaque at Christmas.

It simply says:


I can't tell you how much this gift has meant to me. Cindy knows me well!

It hangs in my home as a beautiful reminder of how God has taught me about ABUNDANCE over the past 10-20 years.

Abundance is a way of living. A way of looking at all of the amazing little things all around us that add up in big ways to bless us and add meaning to our world.

When I think of abundance I also think of words like....savor, relish, drink in, breathe, rest, trust, appreciate, hold dear, cherish, value....

Practicing the simple art of abundance means noticing details like...
                 ...the smell of a deep, soaking rain
                 ...the way a chocolate chip cookie melts in your mouth right out of the oven
                 ...a chill in the morning air
                 ...enjoying stories about the day around the dinner table
                 ...the scent of a favorite cologne
                ... being healthy and strong
                 ...the way your child smells right after a bath
                 ...reading stories before bed time
                 ...knowing what makes someone smile
                 ...feeling the burden of a friend's heart as if it were your own
                 ...seeing God's hand of protection over your family members
                 ...realizing the provision of God in direct answer to your prayers

No matter your situation in life...
In good times or in very hard times....
I hope that you will make it a practice to stop and breathe in and notice the blessings around you. There is always someone who is struggling more than you. Someone you might be able to encourage and bless. I heard this message loud and clear myself today. There are hundreds of blessings in our lives everyday just waiting for us to stop, take notice of, and appreciate them. Choose today to live a life of thankfulness. I promise if you do....in the end ...you will  know in your heart that you have TRULY lived!!

Blessings to you,
Brandy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!